Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TMA's First Monthly Workday a Great Success!


Thurgood Marshall Academy had its first monthly Garden Workday and Plant Sale this past Saturday, June 9th.


Rising 10th grader Cer’cia Wallace had this to say about her experience at the TMA Community Garden Workday:



This weekend I spent my Saturday in the garden. I was the first TMA student to arrive to the work day. When I got there Ms.Boehle-Silva greeted me and Ms. Hanson, our librarian, introduced me to her son. I also saw Ms. Wyss and Ms. Kate, our Garden Coordinator. Then it was off to the garden! I pulled out the weeds and assisted with the Savoy kids, helping them in the garden. We pulled and pulled, dirt flying everywhere, Ms. Wyss and I talked about summer plans as we sold some plants, and I got to take one home! The sun beat down and water was a necessity. This day of gardening has made me want to become more involved in the garden next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment